Forgetting your Xbox password can be real pain! Especially during the lockdown when each one of us are so heavily relying on Social media and video games to kill, time. With PUBG banned in India. Its games like COD and other Xbox games that are here to save the day.
In this article, we will show the steps to reset your Xbox password in the simplest and easiest terms so that you do not have to worry about losing all your precious games and progress because of a forgetful mind.
The method shown below can be used only when you know the Microsoft Account that you used to sign up for Xbox.
Reset Xbox Password in 3.1 minutes:
- Go on the home screen of your Xbox.
- Open the side menu or side bar.
- Scroll down to see the Sign-in option.
- Enter your email address associated with Xbox and hit enter.
- Click on “I forgot my password” when you are prompted to type in the password.
- A captcha is displayed on the screen and you have to correctly type in what numbers/letters/symbols are shown to prove you are not a robot and hit enter.
- The next screen displayed part of your Microsoft email address associated with the Xbox account to show where the verification code needs to be sent.
- If you identify your email address, click on Next.
- Now open your email address associated with Xbox account, you will see a code has been sent to you. Do not share this code with anyone else.
- Go ahead and type the security/verification code on your Xbox screen and press enter.
- You will be prompted to enter a new password. Enter a new, secure password (pro tip: Note it down on your laptop or mobile in case you ever forget it again!) and press enter. Make sure your password has at least 8 characters, containing a mix of upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers and symbols for extra security)
- You will be asked to type in the new password again as part of verification process.
- Go ahead and type the new password again.
- Press Enter and you have successfully changed the password of your Xbox.
- Press “Done”
- Sign in to your Xbox account with your email address and new password.
This method is easy enough for those of you who remember your Microsoftaccount email address. However, what if you don’t? Don’t you worry because we have got you covered. Follow the steps listed below to recover your account nevertheless.
- Power your Xbox console up and click on the Xbox button
- Select Profile & system and then click on Settings.
- Select Account and then Sign-in, security & passkey.
- Under Show on Home, you’ll see the email or phone number you use to sign in.
One other problem usually faced by gamers is when they need to log in the console for the first time and cannot remember their account. For this problem, the person must know at least one from their recovery email address or mobile number associated with their main account and follow the steps listed below:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Profile & system, and then add new.
- Select “Forgot your account?”
- Enter a phone number or email address associated with your account for security info.
- Go ahead and check that phone or email inbox for the security code sent to you and enter it on the screen.
- A list of accounts that use that phone or email will be shown. For security reasons, parts of your username will be hidden.