Wifi Pineapple allows us to simplify our work of wireless auditing, wireless pen-testing, wireless hacking. There are a lot of firmware updates since I am using it for the last 2 years.
The tool is developed by Hack5, one of the most famous cybersecurity channels on YouTube. So, today we will learn how to use it for wireless penetration testing.
Wifi Pineapple Highlights:
- Leading Rogue Access Point: Patented PineAP Suite thoroughly mimics preferred networks, enabling man-in-the-middle attacks.
- WPA and WPA Enterprise Attacks: Capture WPA handshakes and imitate enterprise access points, capturing enterprise credentials.
- Precision Targeting Filters: Stay within the scope of engagement and limit collateral damage with MAC and SSID filtering.
- Simple Web Interface: Fast and intuitive with an emphasis on workflow and actionable intelligence – just click to attack.
- Cross-Platform: No software to install. Works in any modern web browser on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS.
- Advanced Reconnaissance: Visualize the WiFi landscape and the relationships between access points and devices.
- Actionable Intelligence: Identify vulnerable devices, gather intelligence on the target and direct attacks.
- Passive Surveillance: Monitor and collect data from all devices in the vicinity. Save and recall reports at any time.
- Active Frame Injection attack: Perform targeted, active WiFi attacks with manipulated management frames including deauth.
It takes 3-4 minutes to setup Wifi Pineapple.
Setup Wifi Pineapple NANO Linux:
Setup Wifi Pineapple Tetra Linux:
There are a lot of key functions in Wifi Pineapple. Most people associate this tool as a password cracker of wpa, wpa2.
There are different definations and terms people give it.
But please use it only for ethical purposes.
There are a lot of ways you can use this tool.