Pentoo Linux is a Live CD or USB, based on Gentoo Linux and designed for penetration testing and security assessment.
Moreover, it comes with a lot of penetration testing tools.
It can be as Kali Linux alternative for you.
Furthermore, Pentoo is also available in 32 and 64-bit architecture.
If you are a geek. Then Pentoo Linux can suite you.
It is not meant for beginners.
Pentoo Linux For Penetration Testing | Complete Tutorial:
Pentoo Linux is Gentoo Linux with a Pentoo theme.
It has a lot of highlights such as GPGPU cracking software, many security-focused tools and it can be customized to satisfy your needs.
Pentoo Linux Features:
- Available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions
- Packet injection patched wifi drivers
- Full UEFI including secure boot support
- CUDA/OpenCL Enhanced cracking software
4.17.4and all needed patches for injection
- A lot of hacking and pen-testing tools (see the full list of tools)
Pentoo System Requirements:
A normal computer is enough to install Pentoo Linux.
Download and Installation:
- Download the Latest Pentoo ISO
- Verify the Pentoo ISO.
- Create a Live USB of Pentoo (you can set up it in a VM environment, but it may cause the failure of some features/tools)
- Then boot using the live USB.
- Configure your Internet and install Pentoo.
After a successful installation, you can proceed with Gentoo’s Package Manager and set up your environment.
Pentoo Linux is just Gentoo Linux with Pentoo overlays.
This distro is definitely not for beginners.
If you are a Linux expert then you can surely prefer this.
Pentoo comes with a lot of penetration testing tools to make your work easier.