When you type and search for ways to use iMessage on PC, there are millions of websites with shiny solutions that may actually not work for you! We are not pointing on all but most of them are misleading.
When you are surrounded by iPhone users and you have to work on the Windows system the whole day, it is really difficult to check your messages on iPhone along with managing your work. We can feel the peer pressure you are in!
Let’s check out the best solution that lets you enjoy messaging without disturbing your workflow!
And relax! This time you are not going to be misled.
Do you have iMessage running on your iPhone? If not, don’t worry, you will get to know everything from scratch!
Initiate iMessage on iPhone
Go this way –
Settings > Apple ID account > iCloud > Enable messages.
Done with this? Time to move on further section…
We have used MacBook Air running macOS 10.14.4 beta for example.
Use Messages for macOS
- Open messages app from dock/launchpad/desktop.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Enter the verification code.
- Next, head to the app’s menu bar and then press Messages.
- Select Preferences.
- You will see an iMessagetab pop-up.
- Enable your account and Messages in iCloud if necessary.
- Put your email address and contact details where you can be reached.
- You can enable toggle or untoggleSend read receipts.
- Tap on Sync Now.
Don’t miss out next step that is the last step to serve your purpose.
How to use Chrome for macOS
- At first, download Google Chrome in your device.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Install the Chrome remote desktop extension.
- In the browser’s address bar, Enter chrome://apps.
- Search and find the Chrome desktop icon.
- Click on the icon.
- Tap on getting Started you see on the pop-up window in My Computers.
- Enable remote connections.
- Click Accept and install.
- Select Ok to get the Chrome remote desktop host installer.
- Chromeremotedesktop.dmg – download this file and open it.
- After this, re-launch Chrome remote desktop extension again.
- Select Enableremote connections button.
- Create a 6-digit PIN and re-enter your password if prompted.
- You will get confirmation through the pop-up window.
|You should be careful that when Chrome remote desktop is up and running, your Mac shouldn’t go to sleep mode. For this, go to System preferences > Energy Saver > Prevent Computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off.|
Shorter Version of macOS setup
You need this when you don’t require a host component. This is Windows 10 client Pc that you can use to access your macOS host PC remotely.
Check out how it works…
- Do you have to Google Chrome? If not, Install it quickly.
- Sign in.
- Install Chrome Remote Desktop extension from the chrome web store.
- In the address bar, enter chrome://apps.
- Click the Chrome remote desktop icon.
- Tap on Get Started present under My Computers.
- You will view the MacOS machine, Click on MacBook.
- Type the PIN Number for your MacBook.
Congrats! You just did it!
Enjoy iMessage on PC anytime you want.